Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Continuum - The Review

.
12.09.06 Continuum was finally released. Today (1 day after the release date) I bought the CD in KGM after Dinner in A-Hwa. I was about to get upset when Disc Tara said that the CD hasn’t arrive yet. I try to find it in a small and not so famous music store and there’s plenty of CONTINUUM lying around in the display.
.
Now here’s my review (a not so objective review from a fans). BLUES definitely influence this album a lot as I said before in here. Luckily it’s not a hard core BLUES otherwise I’d skip his album again just like TRY! The first single “Waiting on The World to Change” is quite catchy and easy to listen. A little bit political message in the lyrics but I find it as a fun way of saying things along with another song “Belief”. Forget about his previous album especially ROOM FOR SQUARE (RFS). You won’t find candy song like “Your Body is A Wonderland” in CONTINUUM but overall there are plenty of slow and comfy song like “Gravity” and “Stop This Train” that kinda reminds me of “3x5” in RFS.

One of the song that got into people’s talk is
Jimi Hendrix’s Bold as Love that surprisingly I find it good to listen to. I thought a Jimi Hendrix’s song must be very loud and confusing to my ears but as JM said in an interview in Vh1 he just want to introduce Jimi Hendrix to the younger generation… and it works! (at least for me if you considered me as the younger generation huehehehehe). And guess what, it becomes one of my favorite songs from the album. I don't know the original song sounds and i don't care. JM's version will definitely sounds better to me.

I did read few official reviews in JM’s fans forum. Some good some bad but the common review they made is that JM’s music is grow. Whatever that means. The fact is the fans are growing with him too. What I’m saying is CONTINUUM might not be the answer to a Justin Timberlake’s die hard fans (and he happened to released his new album on the same day as JM – head to head competition eh? We know who’s gonna win though) but to the original fans of John Mayer you might raised your eyebrow a little but still be able to enjoy the whole album.

So, buy the album. You won’t regret it.



Searching Wednesday
FransLus

No comments: