Thursday, April 03, 2008

JM's April Fools - Didn't Buy It From The Beginning :p

Started By : RichardYoung
Midwest Ambassador
Michelle Branch isn't the only one making mistakes with fans
Posts: 7033 (03/31/2004 6:09 PM)

Link : My Stupid Mouth

Hey guys. As I think some of you know, I have been to over 50 shows now. Is that an accomplishment or is it an embarrassment? Prior to the show in Kenosha, I would always joke and say it was an embarrassment. However, after the show, I don’t know that it’s anything to boast about.

The drive itself to Kenosha wasn’t too bad (about 4 hours from Indianapolis). Keep in mind though that Kenosha is on central time and not Eastern Time meaning we lost an hour on the way back. After arriving at the venue at around 7PM, I head inside and find my seat. Not too bad. Could be better, but the capacity at Carthage College was only 4250. It could’ve been worse, but I wasn’t a big fan of the setup.

After I found my seats, I went to use the bathroom and I run into Mr. Scotty Crowe. We exchange hellos and he informs me that he has something to give me. I was a bit puzzled as to what it may be, but I told him where I was sitting and he told me that he’d find me shortly. Minutes later, Guster begins their set. I’ve seen them a few times this tour and their sets have been almost identical each time. I’m just not impressed anymore.

Once Guster finishes and the set change is taking place, I’m merely trying to kill time until Mayer comes on. With about 10 minutes before John takes the stage, Scotty approaches me with what appears to be a piece of paper. He informs me that John is aware that he hasn’t written a message to MSM in a long time (I’ve been asking him to write one since December) and that John wanted to make good on it.

Scotty acknowledges the content look I have, and says, Sorry man, but I figured you should have it anyway, before walking away. A bit confused, I begin to read the letter, and immediately understand what it is he meant by his final comment. Needless to say, I was bummed after reading the letter and clueless as to why I received it. I didn’t have the audacity to approach anyone in the Mayer camp later on.

I’ve spent the last few days thinking frequently about the situation and how I wanted to approach it with MSM. I had sort of convinced myself that I was just going to ball the letter up, forget I ever received it, and let MSM continue to be the way it is. After giving it lots of thought, I figured it was best to tell you all (since this community does revolve around this guy) or show you. I’ve always strived to keep the peace here and to do it in a manner that is well receipted within the community.

So, I guess a lot of the complaints that have come through here or other Mayer message boards do hold some validity to them. John is at the point now where he can hold his own and be himself without worrying too much. His popularity continues to increase and although he has a substantial amount of fans who visit message boards, there are also numerous fans who don’t become involved with the internet activity.

I guess it all just comes as a shock to me since John usually is very diplomatic. The recent comments he gave me a short while ago about the meet and greets leave me (as well as you) room to wonder. So here is the most recent message from John to myself, as well as the rest of you all.

FransLus

No comments: