Thursday, May 04, 2006

Munich vs MI:3

This last couple of weeks I saw 2 movies and both movies are about secret agent and their mission for their government with their own agenda. The first movie I saw was MUNICH (aira and meb want to see the movie because eric bana was in it – and it turned out I agree with them – Damned! He’s so hot he3x) and last night I saw MI:3 with the one and only mr. Tom Cruise himself as agent Ethan Hunt (although I’m not a fans but I have to admit that he still looks good in his 40s and after saw him bounced up and down in Oprah’s couch ).


I’m not gonna write detail of these movies but after I saw both movies I feel like I saw totally two different type of movie eventhough they kind of have the same theme. In MUNICH seeing Avner (played by Eric Bana) lead a mission felt like seeing a secret agent as a human being (maybe because the movie is based on true story). Avner and his team made stupid (humanly) mistakes like blowing off the wrong place or simply just showing real human feelings such as confusion, doubt, scare and afraid (of death, totally human right?).

Now let’s talk about MI:3. I should say that Ethan Hunt (despite of having a solid full team) didn’t seem to look like human. Ok, he’s got relationship and all but I saw him more of a god than a human being or maybe I should say that he’s a half god man (manusia setengah dewa geto loh….) that even after he got hit by a car or fall hard to a concrete wall still alive and strong. Well, maybe because this movie is purely fiction and not based on real story but still watching these two movies create different image in my mind (even the poster says it all).

By the way after
Indonesian Police Force catch few terrorist in Wonosobo few days ago I was thinking……. maybe this mission was lead by an “avner” officer? (got it?)*




Cold Wednesday
FransLus – 8341 LS

No comments: